Ship Cottage Details
Key Property Features
- Sleeps 4
- King size bedroom with flatscreen Freeview TV
- Twin bedroom with flatview Freeview TV and DVD player
- Wood burning stoves in the sitting room and kitchen
- An upstairs bathroom with walk in shower and standalone bath
- Luxury toiletries
- Heated towel rail, backlit mirror and shaving point in bathroom
- Top quality cotton bed linen, duvets, mattress toppers and towels
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- A downstairs toilet with heated towel rail
- A large flatscreen Freeview TV in the sitting room
- Children's games
- Utility room with washing machine, tumbledryer and belfast sink
- Fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher, microwave and Tassimo coffee machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Baby travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Picnic cooler bag, picnic set and ground blanket
- Shared parking in a private area to the back of the property
- Outside patio area with two contemporary lounger rocking chairs and a table and chairs for alfresco dining
- A Weber BBQ
- Modern black radiators throughout
- A one minute walk to the quay
- A five minute walk to the local shop
- A one minute walk to the local delicatessen
- A one minute walk to the nearest restaurant
- A one minute walk to the nearest hotel
- A one minute walk to the nearest pub
- Additional parking can be found in the quay car park
Ship Cottage is conveniently located towards the bottom of the High Street near to the quayside.
Recently renovated to a very high standard, Ship Cottage was originally a public house known as The Ship Inn and is next door to Benbow Cottage. Bought in 1798 by William Hardy for £600, it traded as a public house until 1967, when it was sold to become a residence, and became a Grade II listed building in 1979.
The cottage is in The High Street, Blakeney, a mere stones throw from the quay, local shops, restaurants and pubs.
The cottage can be accessed via the front door, directly from the High Street, or via the Loke to the side of the property which is also the driveway which leads to the shared parking area (two spaces between three cottages - one car per cottage on a first come first served basis) to the back of the property. Ship Cottage's patio is a lovely sun trap ideal for capturing the sun during the warm months. It features decorative, original lobster pots, plants in pots, two contemporary lounger/rocking chairs, and a handmade picnic style table and benches for outdoor dining. There is also a Weber BBQ.
The door of this period flint and brick cottage leads directly from the patio into a utility room which features a belfast sink, washing machine and dryer. The work surface is handmade from reclaimed wood. The floor is also reclaimed wood. The downstairs toilet features a beautiful handmade granite hand basin which rests on a stand made from a railway sleeper. There is also a heated towel rail and a mirror made from driftwood and rope. The sitting room leads off the hallway and is furnished in a colourful, contemporary yet cosy style with exposed beams, a wood burner, quality furniture, a modern flat screen TV and neutral carpeting. Perfectly harnassing the cosy mood is the colonial look which encompasses plantation shutters. The side lights are handmade from driftwood. Ceiling and wall lighting is via dimmer switches throughout the property. The slate grey kitchen is new, elegant and modern, and offers everything you would need to entertain yourselves and your guests. It features a tangerine coloured splashback. A key feature of the kitchen is the wood burner offering a warm environment in which to eat and drink. The dining table is made from reclaimed pine in an industrial style and each dining chair is a different, vibrant colour. The floor is contemporary parquet wood.
Just off the kitchen is the hallway that leads to the High Street.
The neutral carpeted stairs lead to the neutral carpeted first floor landing, the main light being an upside down bottle with an Edisson filament. The wall lights are north African metal sconces. The king size bedroom, twin bedroom, and bathroom with standalone bath and walk in shower can be found on the first floor. The beds are made of solid oak and each one is dressed with top quality linen, down pillows, sumptuous mattress toppers and duvets, and a throw to ensure additional comfort. The dressing tables and bedside tables are made from reclaimed wood with an industrial feel. The mirrors are made from drfitwood. The bathroom is floored with ship floorboards, has a heated towel rail and a backlit vanity mirror with shavers socket. The bathroom features a large walk in shower, a small standalone bath and vanity unit. The bathroom has luxury shower and hair gel, hand wash and body lotion. We also supply amenities you may have forgotten to bring with you.
Plantation shutters are fitted to offer privacy. As well as the ceiling lights which are on dimmer switches, there are wall lights on dimmer switches, and side table lamps, which offer low lighting under which to relax and unwind.
In addition to the wood burners, there is a new, highly efficient radiator system to keep you snug in the colder months.
- The ceiling in the sitting room is low as are the door frames that lead into the bathroom and onto the patio
- This is a non-smoking property
- Well behaved pets are welcome as long as they stay downstairs at all times, do not climb on the furniture and are not left alone in the property at any time. He/she will also need to bring a bed!